Jack-o’-lanterns on the front stoop, pumpkin spice candles lit while you enjoy a classic spooky movie, and a hint of mischief in the chilly air—that’s right, we’re rapidly approaching Halloween. Halloween is one of those holidays that can land smack dab in the middle of the week, or it can migrate to a weekend depending on the year. Luckily in 2021, Halloween falls on a Sunday, which means it is the perfect excuse for a Halloween weekend getaway full of Fall festivities! Whether it’s a trip with friends, family, or your “boo”, there’s a scream’n fun adventure awaiting you in Alpharetta.
Let’s Get it Started! – Friday, October 29
- Foxhollow Reunion at Matilda’s Music Under the Pines – For live music in an eclectic venue, look no further than Matilda’s, where Foxhollow Reunion will be performing original music that will delight from 7 – 9 p.m. Bring a blanket or chairs and a picnic basket brimming with your favorite snacks to enjoy while you watch the show.
- Surf N Turf Fall Concert Series – From 8-10 p.m., Bad Company Experience will perform in Downtown Alpharetta on the Town Green. Enjoy live music while savoring snacks from Chiringa or treating yourself to a margarita. Don’t forget to bring your tailgate chair!
- Trick or Drink – From 6 – 9 p.m., roam the boulevard at Avalon in your most spook-tacular costume and sip on specialty cocktails. Dance until you drop with the live DJ. It’ll be a “Thriller” for sure!
Keep the Spooky Spirit Alive – Saturday, October 30
- Alpharetta Farmers Market – While it isn’t quite the same as Trick-or-Treating, you’ll definitely fill a basket full of goodies when you stroll through the Alpharetta Farmers Market from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Downtown Alpharetta. Featuring farm-fresh produce, locally sourced jams, jellies, honey, and plenty of other fantastic finds, the market is a favorite activity for residents and visitors alike.
- Halloween Crafts and Treats – From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., children can visit the Alpharetta Community Center in their best Halloween costumes to enjoy Spooky Crafting Time. Register your children ahead of time to reserve their spot and enjoy some free time to roam the city while they participate in Halloween-inspired activities.
- Big and Little Chef: Spooky Treats – Publix Aprons Cooking School is the place to be for family fun and yummy treats. From 10 to 11:30 a.m., come together as a family to whip up some delicious Monster Head Marshmallows, Apple Monster Mouths, Chocolate Witch Hats, Spider Bite Cookies, and Owl Cookies! Make sure you register ahead of time, so you don’t miss the fun!
- Needtobreathe with Switchfoot + The New Respects – From 7 to 11:30 p.m., enjoy live music at Ameris Bank Amphitheatre. This family-friendly show can be enjoyed from one of the amphitheatre’s 12,000 seats or you can spread a blanket on the lush green to enjoy the show! Don’t forget to purchase tickets ahead of time—this one will sell out quickly!
- Trick or Treat at Avalon – From 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., bring the kiddos to Avalon in their costume and don’t forget their candy bucket! Drop by Avalon’s Concierge to pick up a Trick or Treat map and stop by participating retailers who will be handing out candy. Once you’ve collected all of your candy, return your completed map to Concierge for a chance to win an Avalon family fun prize!
- College Football Game Days on the Big Screen – Georgia vs. Florida– If you love football, you can’t miss College Football Game Days on the Big Screen at Chiringa presented by Home Town Mortgage from 3 to 6:30 p.m. Grab snacks and drinks from Chiringa, settle in to watch the game, and maybe play a little cornhole—and don’t forget to yell, “Go Dawgs!”
- Family Night or Trivia Nigh at Painting with a Twist – From 3 to 5 p.m., enjoy Family Night at Painting with a Twist, where you can paint a Rustic Friends set. From 7 to 9 p.m., go for the Trivia Night! It’s Showtime to put together a spooky work of art. Register ahead of time for these instructor-led classes that will teach you how to create Halloween-themed paintings you’ll be dying to show your friends!
Resurrect Yourself After a Busy Saturday – Sunday, October 31
- Bite into Brunch – Start your Sunday off in the best way possible—BRUNCH! For the low-down on Alpharetta’s awesome brunch scene, check out our brunch breakdown.
- Family Day! Happy Batty Halloween at Painting with a Twist – From 2 to 4 p.m., get your creative side ready and paint an adorable bat. Register ahead of time for this instructor-led workshop and enjoy sips and snacks while you make your masterpiece!
All Weekend Long
If you find yourself with some extra free time, we’ve rounded up some activities that are available all weekend long, as well!
- 16th Annual Scarecrow Harvest – One of Alpharetta’s favorite Fall traditions is the Scarecrow Harvest, taking place October 5 – November 1. This is a whimsical time in the city where the streets and green spaces of Downtown Alpharetta come alive with colorful and creative life-size scarecrows. Each scarecrow has its own personality and theme making it truly unique. Wander through downtown to see these fantastic works of creativity.
- Alpharetta Arts Walking Tour – If public art suits your fancy, take a stroll on the Alpharetta Arts Walking Tour where you can appreciate the city’s sculptures and installations, and learn about the inspiration behind each one.
Alpharetta is your perfect destination to escape to for a happenin’ Halloween weekend! You’ll find a whopping 30 modern and upscale hotels to choose from throughout the city. Want to stay right in the heart of Downtown Alpharetta or Avalon? Maybe you want a continental breakfast to make mornings easy with the kids? Perusing for a pet-friendly option so your furry best friend can join the adventures? No problem. Check out our STAY page to find the best fit for you and complete your Alpharetta adventure in style.
Don’t forget to share your Awesome Alpharetta getaway experience by tagging us @AwesomeAlpharetta and using our hashtag: #AwesomeAlpharetta!