Awesome Alpharetta is Camera Ready
Alpharetta Georgia is a FILM FRIENDLY community and looks forward to welcoming your cast and crew to come experience AWESOME. From the small town charm of a historic downtown and the pastoral regions just beyond it, to magnificent homes and the corporate campuses of global industry leaders, Alpharetta offers a wide variety of exceptional filming locations. Our team works directly with the Camera-Ready liaisons of the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce and State of Georgia Film Office to expedite your search for scouting locations throughout our city. From connecting you with local contacts and vendors to assisting your staff and crew with Alpharetta hotel room blocks during your stay, the Alpharetta Convention & Visitor Bureau team is at your service to provide the most current information needed to streamline your filming process.
Alpharetta is located just 22 miles north of Atlanta, nestled in a beautiful, tranquil suburban setting in northern Fulton County.
- Currently number of residents is 65,799
- Home to 700+ Tech Companies
- Fiber optic infrastructure throughout the city
- 725+ office buildings
- 28+ upscale and modern hotels
- 200+ dining options
Film Location Highlights in Alpharetta
• Large, 12,000 capacity outdoor Amphitheatre surrounded by 45 beautifully-landscaped acres
• Equestrian Center including large covered outdoor arena, 4 uncovered rings, 298 stalls and barn
• Multiple homes of all styles, from mega-mansions and farmhouses, to 1970s ranch and modern craftsman style
• Historical homes and log cabin
• 4-acre historic cemetery dating back to 1860
• An organic working farm, featuring a community garden and covered pavilion space
• Natural areas including paved trails, off-road trails, streams, creeks, wetlands and ponds
• Quaint downtown historic area including original store fronts, brick walkways, sidewalk dining
• Updated downtown mixed-use development including Town Green and Splash Pad, roof top patios and energetic atmosphere
• 27 picturesque city parks ranging from active parks, passive parks, pocket parks, and more. Many feature fields, playgrounds, tennis courts, wooded trails, fountains, water features, pool, open green space, pavilions,
• 8+ Miles of wooded pedestrian trails along Big Creek Greenway and urban walking trails along Alpha Loop
• Five Arboretums set within city parks containing wooded areas and trails
• Vacant outdoor skate park (covered)
• Over 200 dining options including indoor/outdoor restaurants, multiple breweries, rooftop seating
• Live, work, play community of Avalon. A Mixed-use development featuring upscale shopping and dining along a “Boulevard” setting.
• Newly built, Georgian/Classic Revival Style City Hall – council chambers, rotunda, history museum, meeting rooms
• North Point Mall – one of the largest shopping malls in the country. Includes large operating Carousel.
• Walk of Memories – a 13-acre exhibit dedicated to war veterans. Includes a full size M60 tank, UH-1 Huey helicopter, an Air Force T-33 jet and a naval 40mm Mark 1 twin gun mount.
• Farm Silos
Location Scouts/Production Managers
Services provided by Alpharetta Convention & Visitors Bureau include:
- FREE assistance with location scouting and permitting information.
- Contact us for complimentary assistance with lodging accommodations, support services and vendor referrals.
Alpharetta Community Film Partners
Did you know Alpharetta residents and businesses can be a part of the Alpharetta camera-ready community? We encourage our residents and business owners who would like to be considered for film projects to list their homes or businesses on the State of Georgia’s Reel Scout website. The Georgia Film Office makes it easy for property owners to list their properties as a potential location.
For assistance with Awesome Alpharetta’s Camera-Ready program, please contact our Camera Ready Specialist, Layne Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 678-297-2811.