To positively impact the economic life of Alpharetta.
To position the city of Alpharetta as a regionally, nationally and globally recognized premier tourism destination by developing quality programs and facilities to attract overnight visitors.
How We Are Funded
Alpharetta’s 29 hotels collect an 8 percent hotel occupancy tax from their visitors and pay it to the city on a monthly basis. The city keeps 37.5% of the tax to spend on enhancements for its citizens, 18.75% is given to the conference center and 43.75% is distributed to the Alpharetta CVB to market and promote the city of Alpharetta.
What We Do
The Alpharetta CVB uses innovative and targeted marketing strategies, along with aggressive sales efforts, to attract overnight visitors to the city. We do this in three key areas:
- Increasing the awareness and identity of Alpharetta as a destination for the leisure and individual traveler and raising awareness of the economic importance of the visitor industry to Alpharetta by placing advertisements, writing press releases, utilizing social media and maintaining a technologically advanced website
- Employing a variety of sales strategies to increase the number of group room nights booked in Alpharetta’s 29 hotels through attendance at tradeshows, association meetings and conferences as well as sales calls and site visits with event organizers
- Providing leadership for the visitor industry, coordinating activities, encouraging marketing activities and partnerships, and projecting an appealing image on behalf of the city of Alpharetta
For more information on the Alpharetta CVB and our services, call us at 678-297-2811 and request our brochure, “A Look at the Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau”.
- 2020 AVA Digital Awards: Platinum for Alpharetta Insider Blog; Gold for Awesome Alpharetta Destination Video and Gold for the Awesome Alpharetta website. Honorable Mentions for the Awesome Alpharetta Instagram site, Ultimate Shopping & Entertainment food blog and the Awesome Alpharetta home page.
- 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 & 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards For The Best Meeting Sites In The South – ConventionSouth Magazine
- 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 Best of the Best in Information Services from Appen Media
- 2020 Southeast Tourism Society selected Wire & Wood Songwriters Festival and ShamRockin for a Cure and Taste of Alpharetta as an ‘STS Top 20 Event’
- 2019 MARCOM Awards: Platinum for Alpharetta Visitors Guide; Gold for Alpharetta Insider Blog, The Ultimate Foodie Guide to Alpharetta Blog Post, Farmer’s Market social media video; Honorable Mention for Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau Instagram page, Awesome Allpharetta homepage and website.
- 2019 AVA Digital Awards: Gold for Alpharetta Insider Blog; Platinum for Awesome Alpharetta Destination Video and Honorable Mention for Awesome Alpharetta website
- 2019 Southeast Tourism Society selected Wire & ShamRockin for a Cure, Scarecrow Harvest, Alpharetta Arts Streetfest, Alpharetta Brew Moon Fest and Taste of Alpharetta as an ‘STS Top 20 Event’
- 2018 MARCOM Awards: Platinum for Alpharetta Insider Blog; Gold for Awesome Alpharetta website and the Alpharetta Visitors Guide, Honorable Mention for @Awesomealpharetta Instagram
- 2018 Southeast Tourism Society selected Wire & Wood Alpharetta Songwriters Festival, Taste of Alpharetta and Ironkids Alpharetta as an ‘STS Top 20 Event’
- 2018 AVA digital awards: Gold for website redesign
- 2017 AVA digital awards: Gold for online marketing strategy with Only in Alpharetta campaign and Gold for Alpharetta Insider’s Blog
- 2017 “Best Ideas Competition” winner for Alpharetta’s Insider’s Blog at the Georgia Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (GACVB)
- 2017 Readers Choice from SportsEvents Magazine
- 2016 Readers’ Choice Award- ConventionSouth Magazine
- 2016 AVA digital awards: Gold for Facebook engagement and honorable mentions for website and for digital campaign with Explore Georgia
- 2016 MARCOM Awards: Platinum for Alpharetta Insider Blog; Gold for Alpharetta Destination Video and Only in Alpharetta Campaign, Honorable Mention for Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau Facebook Page Engagement and for the 2015 Alpharetta Visitors Guide
- 2015 “Best Ideas Competition” winner for website at the Georgia Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (GACVB)
- 2015 Southeast Tourism Society selected Wire & Wood Alpharetta Songwriters Festival and Taste of Alpharetta as an ‘STS Top 20 Event’
- 2015 MARCOM Awards for Alpharetta CVB Facebook Page Engagement and Honorable Mentions for the 2015 Official Alpharetta Visitors Guide and Alpharetta CVB Website Redesign
- 2009, 2012, 2015 – GACVB Benchmark of Excellence Award By the Cunningham Center for Leadership Development
Benchmark of Excellence Certification from GACVB
The BEC program certifies that the CVB adheres to practices and procedures which serve to increase the overall professionalism and effectiveness of the organization