Alpharetta’s location, at the foothills of the southern Appalachians, provides a mild climate and four distinct seasons. The city’s elevation and relatively close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean moderate the summer heat, while the mountains to the north shield the city from polar air masses providing mild winters. So whether you are planning a trip for a sports tournament, a concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, a wedding or a family reunion, most any day is a beautiful day in Alpharetta!
- July is the warmest month with an average high of 88° F and an average low of 67° F.
- The highest recorded temperature was 105° F in July of 1980.
- January is the coolest month with an average high of 50° F
and an average low of 29° F.
- The lowest recorded temperature was -10° F in January of 1985.
- Average annual snowfall is 2.5 inches falling mostly December to March.
- The maximum annual precipitation occurs in March.
- Average rainfall is about 50.2 inches per year.
- October is the driest month with the highest number of clear days.
Average Temperatures in Alpharetta
|January||50° F||29° F|
|February||55° F||32° F|
|March||63° F||38° F|
|April||71° F||45° F|
|May||78° F||54° F|
|June||84° F||62° F|
|July||88° F||67° F|
|August||86° F||66° F|
|September||81° F||60° F|
|October||72° F||47° F|
|November||62° F||39° F|
|December||53° F||32° F|