‘TIS TIME! Jack-o’-lanterns on the front stoop, pumpkin spice candles lit while you enjoy a classic spooky movie, and a hint of mischief in the chilly air—that’s right, we’re rapidly approaching Halloween. Halloween is one of those holidays that can land smack dab in the middle of the week, or it can migrate to a weekend depending on the year. Luckily, in 2022, Halloween falls on a Monday, which means it is the perfect excuse for a long weekend full of Halloween mischief. Fill out that PTO form and get ready to enjoy a getaway full of Fall festivities! Whether it’s a trip with friends, family, or your “boo”, there’s plenty of fun awaiting you in Alpharetta.
Let’s Get it Started! – Friday, October 28
Cat Ridgeway and the Tourists at Matilda’s Music Under the Pines – For live music in an eclectic venue, look no further than Matilda’s, where Cat Ridgeway and the Tourists will be performing original music that will delight from 8 – 9 PM. Bring a blanket or chairs and a picnic basket brimming with your favorite snacks to enjoy while you watch the show. Admission required.
• Home by Dark Concert Series – From 7:30-10 PM, enjoy live music at Union Hill Park, where a covered pavilion and tables await you! Bring a basket of goodies to enjoy and listen to hauntingly good tunes. Admission required.
• Trick or Drink at Avalon – From 6 – 9 PM, roam the boulevard at Avalon in your most spook-tacular costume and sip on specialty cocktails. Dance until you drop with the live DJ. It’ll be a “Thriller” for sure! Free admission.
• Halloween Costume Party – From 8 PM – midnight, head to Reserve 116 for the ultimate costume party featuring music, dancing, drinks and more! Admission required.
Keep the Spooky Spirit Alive – Saturday, October 29
• Alpharetta Farmers Market – While it isn’t quite the same as Trick-or-Treating, you’ll definitely fill a basket full of goodies when you stroll through the Alpharetta Farmers Market from 8:30 AM – 1 PM in Downtown Alpharetta. Featuring farm-fresh produce, locally sourced jams, jellies, honey, and plenty of other fantastic finds, the market is a favorite activity for residents and visitors alike. Free admission.
• Kids Class at Painting with a Twist – Let your children learn how to paint a work of art at Painting with a Twist from 11 AM – 1 PM, where the kiddos can create a canvas painting inspired by the beloved film, Hocus Pocus! Admission required.
• Fall Fest – From 2 – 5 PM, families can visit North Point Mall for a festive day of fall activities including a magician, balloon artists, photo booths, trick-or-treating and more! Free admission.
• Family Day at Painting with a Twist – From 3 – 5 PM, sip, paint and relax with your family while an instructor teaches you everything you need to know to paint a beautiful Halloween Farm Truck masterpiece. Admission required.
• Trick or Treat at Avalon – From 10 AM – 12 PM, bring the kiddos to Avalon in their costume and don’t forget their candy bucket! Drop by Avalon’s Concierge to pick up a Trick or Treat map and stop by participating retailers who will be handing out candy. Once you’ve collected all of your candy, return your completed map to Concierge for a chance to win an Avalon family fun prize! Free admission.
Resurrect Yourself After a Busy Saturday – Sunday, October 30
• Bite into Brunch – Start your Sunday off in the best way possible—BRUNCH! For the low-down on Alpharetta’s awesome brunch scene, check out our brunch breakdown.
• Brimstone Tavern Line Dance Night – From 7:30 – 11 PM, put on your boogie shoes and break it down on the dance floor with some good old fashioned line dancing. Learn some new moves with a lesson at 7:30 and then get into the swing of things when the dance floor opens at 8:30! Free admission.
All Weekend Long
If you find yourself with some extra free time, we’ve rounded up some activities that are available all weekend long, as well!
• Hocus Pocus Pop-Up Bar – Visit Mercantile Social through Halloween for a little HOCUS POCUS! The pop-up’s themed menu is downright delicious. Enjoy a “Black Flame Candle” cocktail, which is concoction created with Blanco tequila, citrus, Grand Marnier, blackberry and sage with a black salt rim, or have a “Oh Look, Another Glorious Morning” with a pumpkin spice espresso martini and a smoking cinnamon stick.
• 17th Annual Scarecrow Harvest – One of Alpharetta’s favorite Fall traditions is the Scarecrow Harvest, taking place October 3 – November 1. This is a whimsical time in the city where the streets and green spaces of Downtown Alpharetta come alive with colorful and creative life-size scarecrows. Each scarecrow has its own personality and theme making it truly unique. Wander through downtown to see these fantastic works of creativity.
• Alpharetta Arts Walking Tour – If public art suits your fancy, take a stroll on the Alpharetta Arts Walking Tour where you can appreciate the city’s sculptures and installations, and learn about the inspiration behind each one.
Alpharetta is your perfect destination to escape to for a happenin’ Halloween weekend! You’ll find a whopping 30 modern and upscale hotels to choose from throughout the city. Want to stay right in the heart of Downtown Alpharetta or Avalon? Maybe you want a continental breakfast to make mornings easy with the kids? Perusing for a pet-friendly option so your furry best friend can join the adventures? No problem. Check out our STAY page to find the best fit for you and complete your Alpharetta adventure in style.
Don’t forget to share your Awesome Alpharetta getaway experience by tagging us @AwesomeAlpharetta and using our hashtag: #AwesomeAlpharetta!