Whether checking out one of the 175+ dining experiences, learning how to create mouthwatering dishes at one of Alpharetta’s distinguished cooking schools, picking up some fresh produce at the farmer’s market or checking out the Taste of Alpharetta, visitors will see why the city is a foodie’s paradise.
With 36 only-in-Alpharetta culinary finds, visitors often crave more time in the city. Unique culinary experiences can be found at exclusive Alpharetta eateries such as the Atlantic Seafood Company. Fresh catches from the Atlantic are flown in daily to please the palates of customers in pursuit of truly fresh seafood without the price of a trip to the coast. Atlantic Seafood Company offers familiar favorites like Blackened Shrimp and Grits and Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes as well as chef-driven specialties including Lobster Orecchiette or Nick’s Char-Grilled Oysters.
For a taste of the South with a local feel, foodies can check out South Main Kitchen, known for its delectable farm-to-table fare and unique kitchen-inspired dining experience. The restaurant is housed in a historic building from 1902 in the heart of downtown Alpharetta where diners can savor ingredient-driven dishes from the ever-changing American inspired menu. Popular picks include locally-sourced Springer Mountain Chicken served over a sweet potato puree, alongside Brussel sprouts, sausage, parsnip and blood orange beurre blanc. Cap off the night with an innovative, hand-crafted cocktail, like the Black Walnut Old Fashioned at the restaurant’s stunning outdoor patio overlooking downtown.
The Alpharetta dining scene is no stranger to the spotlight. In 2015, Alpharetta was named one of the best cities to start a new restaurant, but Alpharetta’s awesome culinary accolades do not stop there.
Located in Alpharetta’s Avalon, a thriving shopping and dining district, Colletta is changing the Italian eatery game. This one-of-a-kind, upscale Italian eatery boasts fresh pasta made in-house daily. Colletta won “Best Bite” in 2015 by Taste of Atlanta and “Best Meatball” in 2015 by the Atlanta Meatball Festival. Colletta has also been recognized by USA Today as being one of the 10 best places to find pizza around Atlanta.
Also found in Alpharetta’s Avalon, The El Felix showcases the talents of award-winning Owner Ford Fry and his Executive Chef Kevin Maxey. This dynamic duo wanted to bring the bold flavors of the Lone Star State to the Peach State. Fry is a James Beard Award nominee and earned the title of “Best Chef” by Eater Atlanta. His expertise shines through in Tex-Mex favorites like tacos el pastor, enchiladas and fajitas.
Foodie Fun Worth Traveling For
Food and entertainment are synonymous in Alpharetta. For a foodie experience worth traveling for, visitors can swing into a culinary adventure at Topgolf, one of only two Topgolf facilities in the state of Georgia. In addition to cutting-edge golf games played in a climate-controlled bay, Topgolf serves up a unique take on sporting fare. Signature selections include Topgolf’s prosciutto, artichoke and olive flatbread served with fresh basil pesto; southern-style chicken and waffles; and pub snacks such as sliders, queso and nachos all served with an artisan flare.
For a truly unique culinary experience, Alpharetta delivers with three cooking schools: Salud! Cooking School, Publix Apron’s Atlanta Cooking School and classes at Sur la Table. A fourth cooking school will join the ranks when Williams Sonoma opens at Avalon in April. Forbes listed cooking classes as one of the hottest travel trends for 2017, and Alpharetta’s cooking schools allow visitors to taste the flavors of the world without venturing far from home or veering off budget.
New and Upcoming
Alpharetta’s culinary scene is always growing. The city is proud to welcome several new businesses to the Alpharetta culinary community:
• Barleygarden Kitchen and Craft Bar – The team behind local beer superstore Hop City is bringing a restaurant and beer garden concept to Alpharetta’s Avalon.
• Brine Seafood Shack – A new seafood concept by award-winning local Chef Marc Taft.
• District 3 – Modern yet authentic Vietnamese cuisine will be offered in a casual, stylish environment, catering to the lunch and dinner crowds at Avalon.
• Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream – The artisan ice cream shop known for scooping unique flavors such as Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Goat Cheese with Red Cherries and Wildberry Lavender will open its fourth Metro-Atlanta Scoop Shop in Alpharetta’s Avalon.
• MF Bar – Expanding from the popular Inman Park Japanese restaurant and sushi bar, MF Bar is opening in Avalon April 13, 2017.
• Rumi’s Kitchen – Opening April 13, 2017, Rumi’s Kitchen will serve Persian cuisine inspired by culinary creations from around the world.
• Coalition Food and Beverage – The new restaurant concept will open in Downtown Alpharetta and feature innovative and signature takes on American wood-fired dishes.