Quintessentially “Southern,” Alpharetta is a rare breed, preserving the traditions of hospitality while constantly evolving with new attractions and events, earning the reputation of being Georgia’s hometown. The city’s mild climate keeps a pep in the step of Alpharetta residents and visitors, alike, while year-round events and options for entertainment lure visitors back, again and again.
There’s something special happening every month in Alpharetta. For instance, tap toes along to the tunes at one of Alpharetta’s concert venues. Looking for an intimate and artsy setting? Plan a visit to Matilda’s during the annual Concert Under the Pines Series, Saturday evenings, May through July. For big name stars and all the wow-factor that accompanies, catch a live performance at the 12,000-seat Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park.
Alpharetta’s calendar of events entertains all year long. October’s annual Wire and Wood Songwriters Festival fills the air with the soulful tunes of locally and nationally touring songwriters. The interactive event delights visitors as writers explain the tales behind the moving lyrics of the songs performed. Seasonally, find yourself smack dab in the middle of the Southern version of Rockefeller Center. Skate through the holidays at Avalon where The Plaza transforms into a winter wonderland, creating a signature experience that’s unparalleled in the Southeast. Similar in size to the famous Rockefeller Center, the outdoor ice skating rink features dazzling holiday lights and festive decor. Hot cocoa keeps skaters warm as they glide across the ice. Have two left feet? Private lessons are offered by appointment.
Mark your calendar for these can’t-miss events and find details here.
• ShamRockin’ for a Cure – March
• Alpharetta Arts StreetFest – April
• Farmers Market – Seasonal, April through October
• Food Truck Alley – Seasonal, April through October
• Taste of Alpharetta – May
• Art in the Park – Seasonal, Last full weekend of each month from May through October
• Youth Fishing Derby – June
• Alpharetta Summer Brew Moon Fest – June
• 4th of July Celebration – July
• Old Soldiers Day Parade & Road Race – August
• Alpharetta Rotary Mayor’s Challenge – August
• Touch a Truck – August
• IronKids Triathlon – September
• European Market – September
• Alpharetta Brew Moon Fest – October
• Scarecrow Harvest – October
• Wire & Wood Alpharetta Songwriters Festival – October
• Christmas Tree Lighting – December