Are You on #TeamPumpkin? Here’s 5 Spots to Find Pumpkin Treats in Alpharetta!
Fall signifies several things I love: boots, gorgeous foliage, patio weather and pumpkin treats — lattes, beer and sweets. We’ve scoped out the must-try drinks and desserts in Alpharetta. Hurry, as most are available for a limited time.
- Bagel Boys Café – With two locations in Alpharetta, Bagel Boys is hands down the best bagels you’ll find in Alpharetta. Bagels are made in house and baked fresh each day. And did you know, the Kimball Road location features an espresso bar? Just in time for fall, Bagel Boys brings you their pumpkin bagel. My favorite topping? Honey butter. But you could go a bit further and top it with their pumpkin chocolate chip cream cheese. Of course, if you prefer more traditional items, get the pumpkin muffin or pumpkin spice latte.
- Da Vinci’s Donuts has a special place in my heart. It’s no secret that I love doughnuts, but their small cake-light donuts are scrumptious. Plus, I had the opportunity to craft my own at their Alpharetta location and meet owner, Melissa Rudd. Their doughnuts are indulgent without being a gut buster at just 60 calories each (not including toppings). For fall, Da Vinci’s is offering a unique pumpkin doughnut each week. These include pumpkin spice doughnut, pumpkin pie doughnut, pumpkin cheesecake doughnut and pumpkin iced white chocolate doughnut. I plan on trying each one and you should too!
- Mugs on Milton is another cute coffee shop you must visit, especially if you want to just hang out and work for a bit or cozy up with a good book. There are several different brightly decorated rooms that are oh so calming. A maple scone is rather large and perfect with a chai or one of their direct trade coffees. For fall and winter, they will have their limited time jack-o’-lantern Latte and seasonal treats like pumpkin scones and pumpkin spice cake (Tip: Call ahead to make sure they have these goodies – once they run out, they’re gone!). Note: They serve delicious sandwiches at lunch and anything with their house made pimento cheese is worth it.
- Nest Cafe is a cozy spot in the heart of downtown Alpharetta offering high-end coffee and tea. Coffee is supplied by Batdorf and Bronson, one of the premier roasters in Atlanta. They offer many delicious single origin coffees and their direct trade program ensures farmers in these small countries get a fair wage. Nest Cafe also has teas and specialty drinks like the London fog, dirty chai and pumpkin spice latte. Their breakfast sandwiches and paninis are superb and they offer smoothies with flavors like tree of life and tropical sunrise. For fall I can’t wait to get my hands on their pumpkin spice tartlets. These mini pies are quite delicious and they’ll give you your pumpkin fix in just a few bites.
- Tiff’s Treats makes some amazing cookies. And just for fall, November to be specific, they’ll be offering pumpkin spiced cookies. You can snatch them up beginning on the 14th and they are available through Thanksgiving while supplies last!
Malika Bowling is Alpharetta’s Culinary Insider and the author of Food Lovers’ Guide to Atlanta. She has been featured on HGTV, The Huffington Post and USA Today. She’s served as a judge at many culinary competitions and food festivals, including Taste of Atlanta.